The Externship Program
A program that offers the opportunity for mentoring and real world experience in veterinary cannabis education, advocacy, and/or networking and development
This is a unique opportunity to serve the growing veterinary cannabis industry alongside some of the most well-known and respected experts in the field.
- This program offers Veterinary Cannabis Counselors (VCCs), Registered Vet Techs (RVTs) or other veterinary paraprofessionals, and any motivated and enthusiastic individuals to volunteer for the organization and learn valuable skills, while helping VCS continue to grow.
- Externs are given the ability to work alongside members and gain exposure to such activities as policymaking and advocacy, fundraising and donor support, educational content review, networking, and leadership, as well as the opportunity to observe the inner workings of a startup non-profit.
- Externs receive a free membership to VCS with access to all the member benefits.
- Term is for one year, with the option to extend as both parties see fit.
- Externs are chosen by the VCS executive committee.
How to Apply:
Please email email@example.com with the subject line “Externship application.”
Please include the following:
- a current resume
- your choice of committee or desired project (advocacy, education, development, other)
- a short essay on why you would like to volunteer for VCS